Saturday, September 29, 2012

It Is Well With My Soul

It's Saturday night and I am resting on my couch after a ver long, and funnnn, day of children's (yes, multiple) parties!

Chad is in the kitchen working on his side job as I am settling on my couch reading and studying one of my three book studies, "Fully Devoted." I'm reading about the topic of "Grace" and the Prodigal Sons. As I sit comparing myself to the Prodigal Son, Chad's music streaming from his computer seemingly became louder. The song from his speakers? The hymn "Be Thou My Vision." My first reaction? "Wow, that was timely." But, in fact, not timely, just Him telling me that He is right here with me. 
A smell I encountered today arose a very disturbing memory from my childhood. It had set itself unsettling within otherwise a great day. This message of His presence was what I needed for the comfort I am now feeling. And guess what song is now playing as I wrap this up? The hymn "It is well with my soul." 
Amen.

For references on the hymns listed in this blog: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NAjDw1FoDM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8_EfDqF7YI

No comments:

Post a Comment