Tuesday, October 30, 2012

7: Clothing Experiment: Day 12 - My sign from God

Good evening, All! Sorry, I've slacked the last few days with keeping up with blogs and photos. I'm halting the photos at this point, as you've seen pretty much all of my outfits and repetition of pictures of me in the same clothing will become BORING, I'm sure!

I've done relatively well throughout this experiment, so far. On Sunday, I had to wear other items out of my 7 because I had a job interview. In consulting with my co-7ers, they all seemed to agree that I should dress accordingly for an interview and nothing in my "7" screamed ""appropriate for an interview. {Side note, the interview went very well...but the salary they offered just isn't going to work right now.}

I resumed my normal 7 wardrobe yesterday. Snugged up warm and cozy in the house with my family as Hurricane Sandy made her way through. This morning, I went onto Facebook and read this post by a friend of mine: 
"One of our ATA families and friends lost everything in a fire in their home last night during the hurricane. An Immediate need is clothing for the family: boy (size 7-8), mom (size 8-10), dad (size l-Xl). If you can pull anything together, they need it! You can drop off donations at ATA Royersford at 70 Buckwalter Rd. Royersfors (where Chik Fil A is). THANK YOU!!!"

Reading this tugged at me both emotionally and physically. Emotionally, my heart hurt so bad for this family that lost EVERYTHING! Everything?! Can you imagine? Physically, I got off my couch and went right up to my room and started tearing through my drawers and closets. I couldn't stop thinking "THIS is a sign from God. This is all happening right smack in the middle of my clothing experiment." I started piling everything up and just kept praying. I prayed for the family who lost everything and I praised God that I had the exact size clothing needed for the Mom who lost everything and Chad's clothes are the same as the need for the Dad. Chad has a limited wardrobe already, but I was able to grab 5 items for the dad.....and 28 items for the mom (not including about 10 or so pairs of socks). I immediately drove the two bags of clothes to the drop location.
This has weighed so heavily on my heart. I was very easily able to grab TWENTY EIGHT items to give away at the drop of a hat. Talk about excess! This was my true wake up call throughout this experiment. Thank the Lord for this message today. 

Please say a prayer for everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy....particularly the local family who lost their home to a fire during this disaster. 


3 comments:

  1. That's awesome Stephanie!!! It's amazing how God works through us and truly affects us to the core!! What a blessing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is amazing! Thanks for reading my blog, Sarah!

      Delete
    2. It sure is amazing! Thanks for reading my blog, Sarah!

      Delete