Monday, October 15, 2012

Being 5

My daughter, Grace, helps me see how innocent the world is through a child's eyes, without all of the negativity that adults possess. As often, and sometimes annoyingly as she asks "why," it used to make me analyze deeper why things are the way they are? But over-analyzing, I think, is why the world has come to what it has. With her innocence and minimal exposure to negativity...yes, I've kept her in a bubble for 5 years....I can answer a lot of her questions with "Because God made it that way" or "Because that is the way God expects it to happen." As simple as these answers may seem, so that a 5 year old can understand it, why can't we, as adults, accept these answers, too? The more time my Lord gives me on this Earth, the more and more I, myself, am starting to accept these answers. We are God's children. As long as we have Him in our lives, we need to re-organize our brains back to the innocence of children and stop over-analyzing. I have, and I am so much more content.

Deuteronomy 29:29
The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to ourchildren forever, that we may follow all the words of this law. 

No comments:

Post a Comment